Must Love Japan

zz-girl talks about Japan and stuff. She is a Japanese girl currently living in the United States.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Livedoor employees are at a loss to what to do after Takafumi Horie's arrest


CEO of Japanese Internet portal website Livedoor, Takafumi Horie, was arrested Monday evening for violations of Japan's Securities and Exchange Law. The picture was taken on 1/23 at night inside the livedoor office. The employees looked so worried and were carefully listening to leftover executives explaining CEO's arrest. According to the latest news Horie-mon is denying all the allegations while all other 3 executives arrested admit.
When I first heard of his arrest news, it reminded me of Martha Stewart. I think both Horie-mon (his nickname) and Martha have such charisma. I have just checked Horie's blog which he last updated on 1/22 the day before his arrest. There were already 6797 comments on his last post and 351 track backs. Surprisingly there are a lot more cheering and supporting messages than I thought there would.One of his fun's comment was "I was hoping you would run away by your private jet". (he owns a private jet, of course!) Lots said "come back!". He is still very popular. He might have wanted to become Japanese Bill Gates. So far he failed once. But I don't know the future. I don't know if he is guilty or not. He probably is. I'm not his fan or anything, but I am interested in his future and hoping him to come back soon. Because he is unusual enough for that country and there are not so many interesting CEOs in Japan.
I'd like to succeed in business and become a millionaire someday too :) But I want to do it somehow quietly with nobody noticing. Because If you become famous like Martha and Horie-mon, you get marked and attacked constantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home